Income from freight transportation
Add to My Report
My Report (0)
Print this Page
Download in PDF
Company in soc.networks
Compared to 2011
Company on the map
|Enter e-mail recipient *||Your e-mail *||Comment :|
|* required fields|
Operational Results of the Year
|Freight transportation||Locomotive hauling services||Infrastructure services||Passenger transportation||Other activities|
JSC “RZD” is engaged in freight handling operations, freight transportation by public and private railways and freight storage services, including freight customs clearance.
Expenditure on freight transportation
- with regard to freight handling, 1,440 mln tons of freight were transported, up 3.2% versus 2011;
- net freight turnover exceeded the level in 2011 by +4.4% amounting to 2,222.4 bln tr-km;
- the volume of export freight loading amounted to 1,123 th. tons a day (representing 32% of the total volume of transportation); compared to 2011, export loading increased by 2.8%, (and compared to the pre-crisis year 2007 by 5.3%).
JSC “RZD” provides locomotive hauling services to private transport companies who own or lease cars.
Income from locomotive hauling services
Expenditure on locomotive hauling services
- the average daily running distance of a locomotive is 585.4 km (−1.4%). The decrease is due to the optimization of the operator’s freight car fleet turnover;
- the increase in income from locomotive hauling services versus the previous year is +8.6%;
- many locomotives supplied are state-of-the-art, fitted with an asynchronous traction engine: 2ES10 Granit, 2ES5 electric locomotives, 2TE25A Vityaz diesel unit and EP20 passenger two-system electric locomotive.
Provision of the public rail transport infrastructure and other services to clients; provision of private tracks owned by the Company; infrastructure operations, maintenance and repair.
Income from infrastructure provision services
Expenditure on infrastructure provision services
- income from infrastructure services increased by RUR 0.5 bln compared to 2011 (+0.5%);
- the total volume of repairs amounted to 10.4 th. km;
- 7.3 th. km of track were overhauled and upgraded;
- the length of sections in operation with excessive tonnage and beyond their serviceable life reduced by 426 km and, by early 2013, amounted to 20.54 th. km (representing 16.5% of the total length of the main track).
JSC “RZD” is engaged in passenger transportation on suburban and long-distance trains along a number of international routes; in Moscow, Sochi and Vladivostok, it provides passenger transport services to the main airports on aeroexpress trains.
Income from passenger transportation
Expenditure on passenger transportation
- passenger turnover increased to 144.6 bln pass-km (+3.4%), including:
- long-distance — 113 bln pass-km (+2.3%),
- suburban — 31.6 bln pass-km (+7.8%);
- infrastructure of JSC “RZD” railways was used to transport 1,058,8 mln passengers, including:
- long-distance — 116.6 mln passengers;
- suburban — 942.2 mln passengers.
The Company provides the following other services: repair of rolling stock, construction of infrastructure facilities, forwarding and social services, energy transmission and lease of movable and immovable property.
Income from other activities
Expenditure on other activities
- The Company’s income from other activities increased by RUR 5.9 bln (+4.0% year-on-year on a like for like basis);
- The Company seeks to improve its performance in the provision of social services. By 2011, the Company’s losses from the provision of these services decreased by RUR 0.4 bln (−14.1%).